The Goodness Festival 2017 overall objective is to inspire and engage more than 3000 people in science, sustainability and innovation engagement activities through a week-long festival of activities. We have specific purposes aligned with National Science Week, Pollinators and Scinapse strategies.
- Purpose 1: To spark broad interest in science, sustainability and innovation — using everyday activities and interests as a entry point for deeper experiences and understanding.
- Purpose 2: To help move those who are simply interested to become engaged — partnering with locals to create pathways to ongoing engagement in community or research activities.
- Purpose 3: To provide opportunities for all — ensuring a mix of the types, timing and level of activities and the way in which they are promoted.
- Purpose 4: To foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry — working practically together on themes, activities to achieve mutual outcomes.
- Purpose 5: To trial new engagement methods and showcase innovative content— use technology for webcasting and outreach, sharing pitches, ideas and innovations.
- Engagement – with nature, science, each other, past, present and future,
- Energy – enabling expression of our passion, intelligence, drive and creativity,
- Enquiry – into local opportunities, global challenges and collaborative solutions,
- Enjoyment – having fun while engaging in critical discussions and serious topics.
Coordination – Mark Canny email@example.com Mob: 0428 617 205
Organisation – Emma Jackson Emma.Jackson@nacc.com.au Mob: 0438 925 058
Engagement – Kirsty Kipling firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 0435 200 898