Goodness Festival is a volunteer run, week-long festival, created to celebrate all things science during National Science Week.
The vision for Goodness is to be the premier regional festival focused on science, sustainability and innovation. Every year thousands of people engage with the Festival.
The Goodness Festival overall objective is to inspire and engage people in science, sustainability and innovation engagement activities through a week-long festival of activities. We have specific purposes aligned with National Science Week, Pollinators and Scinapse strategies.
- Purpose 1: To spark broad interest in science, sustainability and innovation — using everyday activities and interests as a entry point for deeper experiences and understanding.
- Purpose 2: To help move those who are simply interested to become engaged — partnering with locals to create pathways to ongoing engagement in community or research activities.
- Purpose 3: To provide opportunities for all — ensuring a mix of the types, timing and level of activities and the way in which they are promoted.
- Purpose 4: To foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry — working practically together on themes, activities to achieve mutual outcomes.
- Purpose 5: To trial new engagement methods and showcase innovative content— use technology for webcasting and outreach, sharing pitches, ideas and innovations.
- Engagement – with nature, science, each other, past, present and future,
- Energy – enabling expression of our passion, intelligence, drive and creativity,
- Enquiry – into local opportunities, global challenges and collaborative solutions,
- Enjoyment – having fun while engaging in critical discussions and serious topics.
Emma Jackson | email@example.com | 0468 469 720